Informations of Faculty (English)
Tel: (02)2826-7178 (office) (02)2826-7000#6425 (lab)
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Current position: Assistant Professor
Program in Molecular Medicine (Ph.D.)
National Yang Ming University and Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
Department of Biotechnology and Laboratory Science in Medicine (Master)
National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan.
Department of Biological Sciences and Technology (Bachelor)
National University of Tainan, Tainan, Taiwan.
National Research Institute of Chinese Medicine, Postdoctoral researcher
Honor and Awards:
2018 MOST Young Scholar Fellowship
1. Cancer Biology
2. Protein Degradation
3. Signal Transduction
4. Herbal Medicine
Development of Traditional Herbal Medicine
The functions and mechanisms of herbal medicine suppressed cancer progression and metastasis
1. Fungal immunoregulatory protein (FIP) from Ganoderma (Fungi)
2. Sulfated polysaccharides from mushroom and marine
MOST Grant for the Einstein Program: Combination of cancer targeted and immune therapy: Investigation of the dual effects and mechanisms of Ganoderma proteins on anti-cancer and activation of immunity in tumor-microenvironment of lung cancer
- Tung-Yi Lin*, Ai-Jung Tseng, Wei-Lun Qiu, Chi-Hsein Chao, Mei-Kuang Lu. A sulfated glucan from Antrodia cinnamomea reduces Slug expression through regulation of TGFβ/AKT/GSK3β axis in lung cancer. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2019. 210:175-184. (SCI, IF: 5.158, Rank: 2.8%) First & Corresponding author
- Mei-Kuang Lu*, Tung-Yi Lin*, and Chia-Chuan Chang. Chemical identification of a sulfated glucan from Antrodia cinnamomea and its anti-cancer functions via inhibition of EGFR and mTOR activity. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2018. 202:536-544. (SCI, IF: 5.158, Rank: 2.8%) Co-first author
- Tung-Yi Lin*, Ai-Jung Tseng, Chi-Hsein Chao, Mei-Kuang Lu. Microelements induce changes in characterization of sulfated polysaccharides from Antrodia cinnamomea. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2018. 120:952-958. (SCI, IF: 3.909, Rank: 11.5%) First & Corresponding author
- Hsien-Yeh Hsu*, Tung-Yi Lin*, Chun-Hao Hu, David Ta Fu Shu, Mei-Kuang Lu. Fucoidan Upregulates TLR4/CHOP-Mediated Caspase-3 and PARP Activation to Enhance Cisplatin-Induced Cytotoxicity in Human Lung Cancer Cells. Cancer Letters. 2018. 432:112-120. (SCI, IF: 6.491, Rank: 12.6%) Co-first author
- Mei-Kuang Lu*, Tung-Yi Lin*, Chun-Hao Hu, Chi-Hsein Chao, Chia-Chuan Chang, and Hsien-Yeh Hsu. Characterization of a sulfated galactoglucan from Antrodia cinnamomea and its anticancer mechanism via TGFβ/FAK/Slug axis suppression. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2017. 167: 229–239. (SCI, IF: 5.158, Rank: 2.8%) Co-first author
- Tung-Yi Lin, Hsien-Yeh Hsu, Wei-Hsuan Sun, Tsung-Han Wu and Shu-Ming Tsao. Induction of Cbl-dependent epidermal growth factor receptor degradation in Ling Zhi-8 suppressed lung cancer. International Journal of Cancer. 2017. 140(11):2596-2607. (SCI, IF: 7.360, Rank: 10.4%) First author
- Hsien-Yeh Hsu*, Tung-Yi Lin*, Shu-Ming Tsao, Mei-Kuang Lu, Pei-Ju Leng, and Yu-Chung Wu. Fucoidan induces Toll-like receptor 4-regulated reactive oxygen species and promotes endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated apoptosis in lung cancer. Scientific Reports. 2017. 7:44990. (SCI, IF: 4.122, Rank: 18.8%) Co-first author
- Mei-Kuang Lu*, Tung-Yi Lin*, Chi-Hsein Chao, Chun-Hao Hu and Hsien-Yeh Hsu. Molecular mechanism of Antrodia cinnamomea Sulfated polysaccharide on the suppression of lung cancer cell growth and migration via induction of transforming growth factor β receptor degradation. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2017. 95:1144–1152. (SCI, IF: 3.909, Rank: 11.5%) Co-first author
- Tung-Yi Lin and Hsien-Yeh Hsu. Ling Zhi-8 reduces lung cancer mobility and metastasis through disruption of focal adhesion and induction of MDM2-mediated Slug degradation. Cancer Letters. 2016. 375(2):340-348. (SCI, IF: 6.491, Rank: 12.6%) First author
- Hsien-Yeh Hsu*, Tung-Yi Lin*, Yu-Chung Wu, Shu-Ming Tsao, Pai-An Hwang, Yu-Wei Shih and Jason Hsu. Fucoidan inhibition of lung cancer in vivo and in vitro: role of the Smurf2-dependent ubiquitin proteasome pathway in TGFβ receptor degradation. Oncotarget. 2014. 5(17):7870-85. Co-first author
- Hsien-Yeh Hsu*, Tung-Yi Lin*, Ruey-Shyang Hseu, and Ching-Tsan Huang. Ling Zhi immuno-modulation protein, LZ-8 induction of interleukin-1 expression in human monocytes via pertussis toxin-sensitive G protein-mediated protein kinase pathway. Adaptive Medicine. 2014. 6(2): 63-72. Co-first author
- Shih-Fen Liao, Chi-Hui Liang, Ming-Yi Ho, Tsui-Ling Hsu, Tsung-I Tsai, Yves S.-Y. Hsieh, Chih-Ming Tsai, Shiou-Ting Li, Yang-Yu Cheng, Shu-Ming Tsao, Tung-Yi Lin, Zong-Yan Lin, Wen-Bin Yang, Chien-Tai Ren, Kuo-I Lin, Kay-Hooi Khoo, Chun-Hung Lin, Hsien-Yeh Hsu, Chung-Yi Wu, and Chi-Huey Wong. Immunization of fucose-containing polysaccharides from Reishi mushroom induces antibodies to tumor-associated Globo H-series epitopes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013. 110(34):13809-14. (SCI, IF: 9.504, Rank: 5.5%)
- Hsien-Yeh Hsu*, Tung-Yi Lin*, Pai-An Hwang, Ling-Ming Tseng, Ren-Hao Chen, Shu-Ming Tsao and Jason Hsu. Fucoidan induces changes in the epithelial-mesenchymal transition and decreases metastasis by enhancing ubiquitin-dependent TGFβ receptor degradation in breast cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2013. 34(4):874-84. (SCI, IF: 5.072, Rank: 21.2%) Co-first author
- Hsien-Yeh Hsu, Yen-Chou Kuan, Tung-Yi Lin, Shu-Ming Tsao, Jason Hsu, Li-JuanMa, and Fuu Sheu. Reishi protein LZ-8 induces FOXP3+ Treg expansion via a CD45-dependent signaling pathway and alleviates acute intestinal inflammation in mice. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013. 2013:513542. (SCI, IF: 2.064, Rank: 37.0%)
- Chien-Ting Wu*, Tung-Yi Lin*, Hsien-Yeh Hsu, Fuu Sheu, Chau-Mei Ho and Edmund I.-T.Chen. Ling Zhi-8 mediates p53-dependent growth arrest of lung cancer cells proliferation via the ribosomal protein S7-MDM2-p53 pathway. Carcinogenesis. 2011. 32(12):1890-6. (SCI, IF: 5.072, Rank: 21.2%) Co-first author
- Tung-Yi Lin, Kuan-Yi Lee, Tsui-Ling Chang, Chia-Chin Chang, Yen-Zhu Lin. The electrochemical method for detecting 26S proteasome. Sensors and Actuators B. 2011. 160:412-417. (SCI, IF: 5.667, Rank: 3.3% ) First author
- Tung-Yi Lin, Kuan-Yi Lee, Tsui-Ling Chang and Chia-Chin Chang. The electrolyte effect on adsorption of 1,6-Hexanedithiol at gold electrode. National University of Tainan, Journal of Ecology and Environmental Sciences. 2010. 3(1): 32-45. First author
1. Tung-Yi Lin and Mei-Kuang Lu. A sulfated glucan from Antrodia cinnamomea suppresses lung cancer: blockage of TGFβ-mediated signalings controls Slug stability.第33屆天然藥物研討會 (論文編號: NP-8), 高雄醫學大學, 2018.
2. 林東毅、李冠誼、張家欽、張翠玲。26S proteasome偵測系統中電解液對於黃金電極吸附HDT影響之研究。中國材料年會 (論文編號: 06-0612)，國立東華大學，2009。
Hsien-Yeh Hsu and Tung-Yi Lin. Method for treating a refractory or relapsed lung cancer. US 9,827,288 B2. 2017.
Introduction of TL Lab
We mainly investigate the biological functions and anti-cancer mechanisms of fungal immunomodulatory proteins (FIP) and polysaccharides from Chinese herbal medicines. These two types of medicinal molecules are considered to have both immunomodulatory and anti-tumor properties. We focus on the anti-tumor efficacy of these two classes of pharmaceutical molecules, and look for novel strategies and mechanisms for anticancer functions and mechanisms.
1. Ganoderma lucidum immunomodulatory proteins [GMI, LZ-8]
2. Polysaccharides (PSs) and Sulfated Polysaccharides (SPS)
[Ganoderma lucidum-PSs, Antrodia cinnamomea-SPS, fucoidan]
We have established the "Polysaccharide Development Research Team" with Professor Lu (NRICM) and Professor Chang (NTU) to study the extraction, structural identification, activity analysis and molecular mechanism of polysaccharides from plant and fungi.