Information of Faculty (English)
Name: Shu-ling Fu
Current position: Professor & Director
Ph.D., Dept. of Biochemistry and Cellular Biology, State University of New York at Stony Brook
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Dept. of Molecular & Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, U.S.A
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Tzu-Chi University
Honor and Awards:
Yang-Ming University Academic Excellence Award
Cancer biology, Molecular pharmacology of anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory natural products
Journal of Agricultural and Food chemistry
Frontiers in Pharmacology
Molecular mechanisms of anti-cancer natural products, Experimental methods in traditional medicine
Research project (past five years)：
1. The anticancer mechanism and application of andrographolide as well as its derivatives via targeting oncogenic p53 missense mutation proteins (Ministry of Science and Technology, MOST 106-2320-B-010-006-MY3, PI)
2. Exploring the anti-cancer mechanism and application of Hsp90 inhibition induced by andrographolide and its derivatives ((Ministry of Science and Technology, MOST 103-2320-B-010-007-MY3, PI)
3. Research and development of anti-inflammatory herbs (Ministry of Science and Technology, MOST 106-2320-B-077-002-MY3, co-PI)
4. Investigating the promoting mechanism of hnRNPK protein methylation in cancer malignancy (Ministry of Science and Technology, MOST 106-2311-B-010-004-MY3, co-PI)
1.Yun-Chen Tsai, Sin-Ling Wang, Mei-Yao Wu, Chia-Huei Liao, Chao-Hsiung Lin, Jih-Jung Chen* and Shu-Ling Fu* (2018)“Pilloin, a flavonoid isolated from Aquilaria sinensis, exhibits anti-inflammatory activity in vitro and in vivo” Molecules, 23: 3177 (corresponding author).
2.Chih-Chia Yu, Chien-An Chen, Shu-Ling Fu, Hon-Yi Lin, Moon-Sing Lee, Wen-Yen Chiou, Yu-Chieh Su, Shih-Kai Hung (2018) “Andrographolide enhances the anti-metastatic effect of radiation in Ras-transformed cells via suppression of ERK-mediated MMP-2 activity” PLOS one, 13: e0205666.
3. Lin-Yang Cheng, Yun-Chen Tsai, Shu-Ling Fu, Ming-Jen Cheng, Ping-Jyun Sung, Mei-Ing Chung and Jih-Jung Chen (2018) “Acylphloroglucinol Derivatives from Garcinia multiflora with Anti-Inflammatory Effect in LPS-Induced RAW264.7 Macrophages ” Molecules, 23: 2587.
4. Sin-Ling Wang , Yun-Chen Tsai , Shu-Ling Fu, Ming-Jen Cheng, Mei-Ing Chung and Jih-Jung Chen (2018) “2-(2-Phenylethyl)-4H-chromen-4-one Derivatives from the Resinous Wood of Aquilaria sinensis with Anti-Inflammatory Effects in LPS-Induced Macrophages” Molecules, 23: 289.
5. Chien-Tung Wu, MD, Yueh-Ting Tsai, Jaung-Geng Lin, Shu-ling Fu, Jung-Nien Lai* (2018) “Chinese herbal products and the reduction of risk of breast cancer among females with type 2 diabetes in Taiwan “ Medicine, 97:e11600.
6. Yun-Chen Tsai, Shih-Han Chen, Lie-Chwen Lin*, and Shu-Ling Fu*(2017) “Anti-inflammatory principles from Sarcandra glabra” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 65: 6497 (corresponding author).
7. Shu-ling Fu, Chien-an Chen, Ling-chien Hung, Moon-Sing Lee, Wen-yen Chiou, Hon-Yi-Lin, Yu-Chien Su, Ching-Chih Lee and Shih-Kai Hung (2016) “Preliminary results of a non-invasive method to measure tumor size and distribution in vivo” Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, 12: 3614-3620.
8. Ya-Hsin Hsu, Yu-Ling Hsu, Sheng-Hung Liu, Hsin-Chia Liao, Po-Xuan Lee, Chao-Hsiung Lin, Lee-Chiang Lo, and Shu-Ling Fu* (2016) “Development of a bifunctional andrographolide-based chemical probe for pharmacological study” PLOS one, 11: e0152770 (corresponding author).
9. Shu-Ling Fu, Chun-Cheng Lin, Ming-Ling Hsu, Yu-Jen Chen* (2016) ” CCL-34, a synthetic Toll-like receptor 4 activator, modulates differentiation and maturation of myeloid dendritic cells” Oncotarget, 7:11677
10.Yu-Ling Hsu, Chun-Chieh Yang, Tzyy-Chao Chou, Chih-Hsuan Tai, Long-Yuan Chen, Shu-Ling Fu, Jing-Jer Lin, Lee-Chiang Lo* (2016) “Design, synthesis, and evaluation of cell permeable probes for protein kinases” Tetrahedron, 72: 58-68.
11.Ya-Wei Liu, Yung-Tsung Chiu, Shu-Ling Fu, Yi-Tsau Huang* (2015) ” Osthole ameliorates hepatic fibrosis and inhibits hepatic stellate cell activation” Journal of Biomedical Science, 22:63.
12.Tsai-Feng Li, Ching-Cheng Lin, Hui-ping Tsai, Chung-Hua Hsu*, Shu-Ling Fu* (2014) “Effects of Kuan-Sin-Yin decoction on immunomodulation and tumorigenesis in mouse tumor models” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 14:488 (corresponding author).
13. Yu-Chieh Su, Chih-Chia Yu, Fei-Ting Hsu, Shu-Ling Fu, Jeng-Jong Hwang, Ling-Chien Hung, Moon-Sing Lee, Wen-Yen Chiou, Hon-Yi Lin, Shih-Kai Hung (2014) “Everolimus sensitizes Ras-transformed cells to radiation in vitro through the autophagy pathway” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, 34: 1417-1422.
14. Sheng-Hung Liu, Chao-Hsiung Lin, Fong-Ping Liang, Pei-Fen Chen, Cheng-Deng Kuo, Mohd. Mujahid Alam, Barnali Maiti, Shih-Kai Hung, Chin-Wen Chi, Chung-Ming* Sun and Shu-Ling Fu* (2014) “Andrographolide downregulates the v-Src and Bcr-Abl oncoproteins and induces Hsp90 cleavage in the ROS-dependent suppression of cancer malignancy” Biochemical Pharmacology, 87:229-242 (corresponding author)..
16. Yu-Ling Chang, Tzu-Hui Chen, Yi-Hsiu WuA novel TLR2-triggered signalling crosstalk synergistically intensifies TNF-mediated IL-6 induction” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine 18:1344-57.Guann-An Chen, Tzu-Huei Weng, Ping-Hui Tseng, Shie-Liang Hsieh, Shu-Ling Fu, Chi-Hung Lin, Chun-Jen Chen, Ching-Liang Chu, Iok In Christine Chio, Tak Wah Mak*and Nien-Jung Chen*
17. Yong-Shiang Lin, Chao-Hsiung Lin, Li-De Huang, Tung Chao, Cheng-Deng Kuo, Ling-Chien Hung, Fen-Hwa Wong, Chun-Cheng Lin* and Shu-Ling Fu* (2013) “Suppression of thoc1 in cancer cell apoptosis mediated by activated macrophages is nitric oxide-dependent” Biochemical Pharmacology, 86: 242-252 (corresponding author).
18. Kai-Wei Hsueh, Shu-Ling Fu, Chirn-Bin Chang, Yu-Ling Chang and Chao-Hsiung Lin (2013) “A novel Aurora-A-mediated phosphorylation of p53 inhibits its interaction with MDM2” BBA - Proteins and Proteomics, 1834:508-515.
19. Yi-Ying Chiou, Shu-Ling Fu, Wey-Jinq Lin, and Chao-Hsiung Lin (2012) “Proteomics analysis of in vitro protein methylation during Src-induced transformation” Electrophoresis, 33: 451-461.
20. Yong-Shiang Lin, Li-De Huang, Chao-Hsiung Lin, Po-Hsiung Huang, Yu-Jen Chen, Fen-Hwa Wong, Chun-Cheng Lin*, and Shu-Ling Fu* (2011) “In vitro and in vivo anticancer activity of a synthetic glycolipid as TLR4 activator” Journal of Biological Chemistry, 286: 43782-43792 (corresponding author).
21. Mei-Yao Wu, Shih-Kai Hung and Shu-Ling Fu* (2011) “Immunosuppressive effects of fisetin in ovalbumin-induced asthma through inhibition of NF-κB activity” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 59: 10496-10504 (corresponding author).
22. Kai-Wei Hsueh, Shu-Ling Fu, Chi-Ying F. Huang and Chao-Hsiung Lin (2011) “Aurora-A phosphorylates hnRNPK and disrupts its interaction with p53” FEBS letters, 585: 2671-2675.
23. Chia-Yuan Liu, Hsun-Shuo Chang, Ih-Sheng Chen, Chih-Jen Chen, Ming-Ling Hsu, Shu-Ling Fu*, Yu-Jen Chen* (2011) “Costunolide causes mitotic arrest and enhances radiosensitivity in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells” Radiation Oncology, 6: 56 (corresponding author). `
24. Li-De Huang, Hong-Jyune Lin, Po-Hsiung Huang, Wei-Chen Hsiao, L. Vijaya Raghava Reddy, Shu-Ling Fu* and Chun-Cheng Lin* (2011) “Synthesis of serine-based glycolipids as potential TLR4 activators” Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, 9: 2492-2504 (corresponding author).