- Chen T-Y#, Hsieh Y-T#, Huang J-M#, Liu C-J, Chuang L-T, Huang P-C, Kuo T-Y, Chia H-Y, Chou C-Y, Chang C-W, Chen Y-F, Chen H-M, Lo J-F, Li W-C*. Determination of Pyruvate Metabolic Fates Modulates Head and Neck Tumourigenesis. Neoplasia (in press) (SCI) (#: authors contributed equally)
- Yang M-C, Wang D-H, Wu H-T, Li W-C, Chang T-Y, Lo W-L*, Hsu M-L*. Correlation of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Grades with Cytokine Levels of Synovial Fluid of Patients with Temporomandubular Joint Disorders: A Cross-sectional Study. Clinical Oral Investigations (in press) (SCI)
- Yang M-C, Wang D-H, Cherng J-H, Li W-C, Lin P-Y, Hsu W-E, Hsu M-L*. Role of Link N in Modulating Inflammatory Conditions. Journal of Oral & Facial Pain and Headache, 33:114-122. (SCI)
- Li W-C, Chen C-Y, Kao C-W, Huang P-C, Hsieh Y-T, Kuo T-Y, Chen T-Y, Chia H-Y, Juang J-H*. Porcine Neonatal Pancreatic Cell Clusters Maintain Their Multipotency in Culture and After Transplantation. Scientific Reports, 8:8212. (SCI)
- Rezanejad H, Ouziel-Yahalom L, Keyzer CA, Sullivan BA, Hollister-Lock J, Li W-C, Guo L, Deng S, Lei J, Markmann J, Bonner-Weir S* (2018). Heterogeneity of SOX9 and HNF1β in Pancreatic Ducts Is Dynamic. Stem Cell Reports, 10(3):725-738. (SCI)
- Wang M-C, Yeh L-Y, Shih W-Y, Li W-C, Chang K-W*, Lin S-C* (2017). Portland cement induces human periodontal ligament cells to differentiate by upregulating miR-146a. Journal of the Formosan Medical Association, 117(4):308-315. (SCI)
- Tsai W-L, Yeh P-H, Tsai C-Y, Ting C-T, Chiu Y-H, Tao M-H, Li W-C*, Hung S-C*(2017) Efficient Programming of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cell Derived Hepatocytes by Epigenetic Regulations. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 32: p261-269. (SCI)
- Lee Y-L#, Li W-C#, Tsai T-H, Chiang H-Y, Ting C-T* (2016) Body mass index and cholesterol level predict surgical outcome in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma in taiwan - a cohort study. Oncotarget. 7: p22948-22959. (#: authors contributed equally). (SCI)
- Chien H-Y, Chen C-Y, Chiu Y-H, Lin Y-C, Li W-C* (2016). Differential microRNA Profiles Predict Diabetic Nephropathy Progression in Taiwan. International Journal of Medical Sciences. 13: p457-465 (SCI)
- Liu C-J, Chang W-J, Chen C-Y, Sun F-J, Cheng H-W, Chen T-Y, Lin S-C, Li W-C* (2015). Dynamic Cellular and Molecular Modulations of Diabetes Mediated Head and Neck Carcinogenesis. Oncotarget. 6: p29268-29284. (SCI)
- Sun X, Sun Y, Li W-C, Chen C-Y, Chiu Y-H, Chien H-Y, Wang Y*. (2015). Association of Thyroid-stimulating Hormone and Cardiovascular Risk Factors. Internal Medicine, 54: p2537-2544. (SCI)
- Chien H-Y, Lee T-P, Chen C-Y, Chiu Y-H, Lin Y-C, Lee L-S, Li W-C* (2015). Circulating microRNA as a Diagnostic Marker in Populations with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetic Complications. Journal of the Chinese Medical Association. 78: p204-211. (SCI)
- Ting C-T, Li W-C, Chen C-Y, Tsai T-H* (2015). Preventive and therapeutic role of traditional Chinese herbal medicine in hepatocellular carcinoma. Journal of the Chinese Medical Association. 78: p139-144. (SCI)
- Li W-C; Lee P-L; Chou I-C; Chang W-J; Lin S-C; Chang K-W* (2015). Molecular and cellular cues of diet-associated oral carcinogenesis – with an emphasis on areca nut induced oral cancer development. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine. 44: p167-177. (SCI)
- Chang Y-C, Li W-C, Twu N-F, Li H-Y, Lo W-L, Chang Y-L, Lee Y-Y, Lin C-F, Shih Y-H, Chen M-T (2014, Dec). Induction of dental pulp-derived induced pluripotent stem cells in the absence of c-Myc for differentiation into neuron-like cells. Journal of the Chinese Medical Association. 77: p618-625. (SCI)
- O’Neill KE; Thowfeequ S; Li W-C; Eberhard D; Dutton JR; Tosh D; Slack JMW* (2014). Hepatocyte-ductal transdifferentiation is mediated by reciprocal repression of SOX9 and C/EBPalpha. Cellular Reprogramming. 16: p314-323. (SCI)
- Kesavan G; Lieven O; Mamidi A; LoÅNf-OÅNhlin Z; Johansson JK; Li W-C; Lomme S; Greiner TU; Semb H* (2014). Cdc42/N-WASP signaling links actin dynamics to pancreatic beta cell delamination and differentiation. Development. 141: p685-696. (SCI).
- Wu J Y-T; Li W-C; Chien W-Z; Lee Y-L* (2013). Combined Treatment Using Complete Dentures and Palatal Obturator for Cleft Palate: A Case Report. Taipei City Medical Journal, 10: p173-178.
- Sun X, Gao L, Chien H-Y, Li W-C*, Zhao J* (2013). The Regulation and Function of the NUAK Family. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, 51:R15-22. (SCI)
- Wu F, Guo L, Jakubowski A, Su L, Li W-C, Bonner-Weir S*, Burkly LC* (2013). TNF-like Weak Inducer of Apoptosis (TWEAK) Promotes Beta Cell Neogenesis from Pancreatic Ductal Epithelium in Adult Mice. PLOS ONE, 8: e72132. (SCI)
- Bonner-Weir S*, Guo L, Li W-C, Ouziel-Yahalom L, Lysy P, Weir GC, Sharma A (2013) Islet neogenesis: a possible pathway for β-cell replenishment. Rev Diabet Stud. 9: p407-16 (SCI)
- Wang MC, Hung PS, Tu HF, Shih WY, Li W-C, Chang KW* (2012) Lipopolysaccharide induces the migration of human dental pulp cells by up-regulating miR-146a.J Endod.; 38: p1598-603. (SCI)
- Aguayo-Mazzucato C, Koh A, El Khattab I, Li W-C, Toschi E, Jermendy A, Juhl K, Mao K, Weir GC, Sharma A, Bonner-Weir S* (2011) MafA and Pdx1 contribute to acquisition of glucose-responsive insulin secretion in neonatal rat beta cells, Diabetologia 54: p583-593. (SCI)
- Bonner-Weir S*, Li W-C, Ouziel-Yahalom L, Guo L, Weir GC, Sharma A (2010) Beta cell growth and regeneration: replication is only part of the story. Diabetes 59: p2340-2348. (SCI)
- Li W-C, Rukstalis JM, Nishimura W, Tchipashvili V, Habener JF, Sharma A, Bonner-Weir S*, (2010) Activation of duct-derived-progenitor cells during pancreas regeneration in adult rats. Journal of Cell Science 123: p2792-2802. (SCI)
- Vetere A#*, Li W-C#, Paroni F, Juhl K, Guo L, Nishimura W, Dai X, Bonner-Weir S, Sharma A (2010) OVO homologue-like 1 (OVOL1) transcription factor: a novel target of neurogenin-3 in rodent pancreas. Diabetologia 53: p115-122. (#: authors contributed equally). (SCI)
- Bonner-Weir S*, Inada A, Yatoh S, Li W-C, Aye T, Toschi E, Sharma A (2008) Transdifferentiation of pancreatic ductal cells to endocrine beta-cells. Biochem Soc Trans. 36: p353-356. (SCI)
- Ralphs KL#, Li W-C#, Burke ZD, Thowfeequ S; Al-Adsani A, Tosh D* (2007) Sources of hepatocytes for transplantation in hepatic dysfunction. Journal of Organ Dysfunction 3: p150-163 (#: authors contributed equally).
- Li W-C, Ralphs KL, Slack JMW, Tosh D* (2007) Keratinocyte serum-free medium maintains long term liver gene expression and function in cultured rat hepatocytes by preventing the loss of liver-enriched transcription factors. International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 39: p541-554. (SCI)
- Lin S-C*, Li W-C, Shih J-W, Pan Y-R, Hong K-F, Lin J-J* (2006) The tea polyphenols EGCG and EGC repress the promoter activity and mRNA expression of hTERT. Cancer Letters 236: p80-88. (SCI)
- Li W-C, Yu W-Y, Quinlan JM, Burke ZD, Tosh D* (2005) The molecular basis of transdifferentiation. Journal of Cellular & Molecular Medicine 9: p569-582. (SCI)
- Li W-C, Horb ME, Tosh D, Slack JMW* (2005) In vitro transdifferentiation of hepatoma cells into functional pancreatic cells. Mechanism of Development 122: p835-847. (SCI)
W-C, Chen C-Y, Chien H-Y, Bonner-Weir S* (2016) “Pancreatic
regeneration after partial pancreatectomy in rodents” in A.A.
Hardikar (ed.), Pancreatic Islet Biology, Stem cell
Biology and Regenerative Medicine p111-123. Springer International Publishing
W-C, Ralphs KL, Tosh D* (2010) “Isolation and culture of adult mouse
hepatocytes” in Mouse Cell Culture: Methods and Protocols; Methods in Molecular
Biology 633: p185-196. PISBN: 978-1-58829-772-3. Humana Press Publisher.
ZD, Li W-C, Slack JMW, Tosh D* (2010) “Isolation and culture of
embryonic pancreas and liver” in Mouse Cell Culture: Methods and Protocols;
Methods in Molecular Biology 633: p91-99. PISBN: 978-1-58829-772-3.
Humana Press Publisher.
W-C* (2009) “In vitro transdifferentiation of human hepatoma cells
into pancreatic-like cells” in Type 2 Diabetes: Methods and Protocols; Methods
in Molecular Biology 560: p99-110. PISBN: 978-1-934115-15-2. Humana
S, Li W-C, Slack JMW, Tosh D* (2008) “Reprogramming of Liver to
Pancreas” in Stem Cells in Regenerative Medicine; Methods in Molecular Biology 482:
p407-418. ISBN: 978-1-58829-797-6, Humana Press Publisher.
W-C, Tosh D, Slack JMW (2006) : Hepatocyte culture