何 美 鄉 教授
Dr. Mei-Shang Ho, Professor
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Taipei 11529, Taiwan
Phone: 886 2 2789-9120
Fax: 886 2 2782-3047
University Purdue University
West Lafayette, Indiana
Professional Schools Indiana University School of Medicine
Bloomington & Indianapolis, Indiana
Cambridge University School of Medicine
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Exchange Student -1981 (3 months)
Harvard School of Public Health
Internship Los Angeles County/University of Southern California Medical Center
Los Angeles, California, 1981-1982
Residency Los Angeles County/University of Southern California Medical Center
Los Angeles, California, 1982-1984
Fellowship Los Angeles County/University of Southern California Medical Center
Los Angeles, California,
Massachusetts Physician's License
R.O.C. Physician's License
Board Certification American Board of Internal Medicine
Board Eligibility American Board of Infectious Diseases
American Board of Preventive
2006 - present
Institute of Biomedical Sciences 1992 - 2006
Adjunct Associate Professor
School of Public Health
National Taiwan University
Taipei, Taiwan 1990 - present
Special Task on National Vaccine Policy
National Institute of Preventive Medicine
Taipei, Taiwan July 1994 - Jan 1995
National Science Council 1989 - 1992
Division of Viral Diseases
Center for Infectious Disease
Centers for Disease Control
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A. 1988-1989
Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer
Division of Viral Diseases
Center for Infectious Disease
Centers for Disease Control
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A. 1986-1988
Consultancy & Committees
World Health Organization 1986, 1988-1990
Committee member of the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practice,
Department of Health, Taiwan. 1990-present
Advisor, National Institute of Preventive Medicine
Department of Health, Taiwan. 1995-2000
Member of the SARS experts Committee and SARS Control Task Force,
Member of Tack Force of Pandemic Influenza Preparedness, Taiwan 2003- present
- Chair of the Institutional Review Board, IBMS, 2000-2004
- Vice chairperson of the Institutional Review Board, Academia Sinica, 2004-6
- Chairperson of the Institutional Review Board, Academia Sinica, 2006-
Member, Biosafety Committee, Academia Sinica, 2000-
- Member, Committee of Human Right, Academia Sinica, 2005-
– served as a reviewer to Taiwan-NSC and Taiwan NHRI on a yearly routine basis
– served as a reviewer to a development grant of Pasteur Institute
– served on the review board for development grants of Taiwan-CDC
– Heads a study session on the epidemiology of influenza research projects
Scientific Review – Journal of Infectious Disease
Awards & Honors
Outstanding Research Award, Executive Yuan, Taiwan 1994
The Chiron Biocine Award, International Congress for Infectious Diseases 1996
Honorary membership Infectious Disease Society, ROC 1998
Contribution Award in SARS Control, Executive Yuan, Taiwan 2003
Contribution Award in Public Health, Department of Health, Taiwan 2003
Teaching & Academic Supervisions:
College of Public health, National Taiwan University 1990 - present
(1) Vaccinology (graduate course) Alternate year
(2) Data-based Decision Making in Infectious Disease Control:
case studies (graduate course) Alternate year
Clinical Instructor, Communicable Diseases,
University of Southern California, School of Medicine 1985-1986
Associate Instructor of Anatomy, Indiana University Spring, 1979
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant of Biology, Purdue University Fall, 1975
1. Rabkin, CS, E Telzak, M-S Ho, J Goldstein, Y Bolton, M Pallansch, L Anderson, E Kilchevsky, S. Solomon, W.J. Martone. Outbreak of Echovirus, 11 infection in hospitalized neonates. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, 7(3):186-90, 1988.
2. M-S Ho, RI Glass, PF Pinsky, LJ Anderson. Rotavirus as a cause of diarrhea morbidity and mortality in the United States. Journal of Infectious Diseases, 158(5):1112-6, 1988.
3. M-S Ho, RI Glass, PF Pinsky, N Young-Okoh, WM Sapendield, JW Buehler, N Gunter, L.J. Anderson. Diarrheal deaths in American children: Are they preventable? JAMA. Journal American Medicine Association, 260(22):3281-5, 1988.
4. M-S Ho, Floyd LR, Glass RI, Pallansch MA, Jones B, Woods P, Penaranda ME, Kapikian AZ, Bohan G, Wilcox WD, Blumberg R. Simultaneous administration of rhesus rotavirus vaccine (RRV) and oral polio vaccine (OPV): immunogenicity. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, 8(10):692-6, 1989.
5. Penaranda ME, M-S Ho, Fang Z-Y, Dong H, Wen L, Sheng BX, Duan CS, Ye WW, Estes MK, Qionziu K, Echeverria P, Maung K, Hung T, Glass RI. Seroepidemiology of adult diarrhea rotavirus in China, 1970 to 1978. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 27(10):2180-3, 1989.
6. M-S Ho, Glass RI, Monroe SS, Madore HP, Stine S, Pinsky PF, Cubitt D, Ashley C, Caul OE. Viral gastroenteritis aboard a cruise ship. Lancet 2(8669):961-4 Oct. 1989.
7. Fang Z-Y, Ye Q, M-S Ho, Dong H, Qing S, Penaranda ME, Hung T, Wen L, Glass RI. Investigation of an outbreak of adult diarrhea rotavirus (ADRV) in China. Journal Infectious Diseases 160(6): 948-53, 1989.
8. Cook SM, RI Glass, CW LeBaron, and M-S Ho. Global seasonality of rotavirus infections. Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 6892):171-7,1990.
9. Gordon, SM, LS Oshiro, WR Jarvis, D Donenfeld, M-S Ho, F Taylor, HB Greenberg, RI Glass, HP Madore, R Dolin, and O Tablan. Foodborne snow mountain agent gastroenteritis with secondary person-to-person spread in a retirement community. American Journal of Epidemiology, 131(4):702-10,1990.
10. Gouvea V, M-S Ho, R Glass, P Woods, B Forrester, C Robinson, R Ashley, RT Marie, HF Clark, K Taniguchi, E Meddix, B McKellar, and L Pickering. Serotypes and Electropherotypes of Human Rotavirus in the United States. Journal of Infectious Diseases, 162(2):362-7, 1990.
11. Glass RI, JF Lew, RE Gangarosa, CW LeBaron, and M-S Ho. Estimates of Morbidity and Mortality Rates for Diarrheal Diseases in American children. Journal of Pediatrics, 118[4(Pt2)]: S27-33,1991.
12. Lee M-S, C-C King, J-Y Lean, C-L Kao, C-C Wang, M-S Ho, C-J Chen, C-Y Lee. Seroepidemiology and Evaluation of Passive Surveillance during 1988-1989 Measles Outbreak in Taiwan. International Journal of Epidemiology. 21(6):1165-74, 1992.
13. Ko YC, M-S Ho, TA Chiang, SJ Lan, and PY Chang. Tattooing as a Risk of Hepatitis C Virus Infection. Journal of Medical Virology, 38(4):288-91, 1992.
14. Huang CS, M-S Ho, CS Yang, CL Lee, CA Tan. Hepatitis C Markers in Hemodialysis Patients. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 31(7):1764-9,1993.
15. Shen C-Y, M-S Ho, S-F Chang, M-S Yen, H-T Ng, E-S Huang, C-W Wu, High rate of concurrent genital infections with human cytomalovirus and human papillomavirus in cervical cancer patients. Journal of Infectious Diseases, 168(2):449-52,1993.
16. Tsai J-F, W-Y Chang, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, L-Y Wang, M-Y Hsieh, S-C Chen, W-L Chuang, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Hepatitis C virus infection as a risk factor for non-alcoholic liver cirrhosis in Taiwan. Journal of Medical Virology, 41(4):296-300, 1993.
17. Knoebel, HH., W-S Yang, M-S Ho, Urban-rural and regional differences in infant mortality in Taiwan. Social Science & Medicine, 39(6):815-22, 1994.
18. Tsai J-F, J-F Jeng, M-S Ho, W-Y Chang, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Hepatitis B and C virus infection as risk factors for hepatocellular carcinoma in Chinese: a case-control study. International Journal of Cancer, 56(5):619-21, 1994.
19. M-S Ho, R-Z Lewanczuk, B-H Teh, S-C Lee, P K-T Pang. Parathyroid hypertensive factor and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology,
甲、23(Suppl 2):S31-4, 1994.
20. Tsai J-F, W-Y Chang, M-S Ho, J-E Jeng, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Hepatitis B and C virus infection as risk factors for liver cirrhosis and cirrhotic hepatocellular carcinoma: a case-control study. Liver, 14(2):98-102, 1994.
21. Tsai J-F, W-Y Chang, M-S Ho, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Effects of hepatitis C and B viruses infection on the development of hepatocellular carcinoma. Journal of Medical Virology, 44(1):92-5, 1994.
22. M-S Ho, C-S Yang, P-J Chen, Y-C Mau. Intrafamilial transmission of hepatitis C virus. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 32(11);11:2824-6, 1994.
23. Tsai J-F, W-Y Chang, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Frequency of raised α-fetoprotein level among Chinese patients with hepatocellular carcinoma related to hepatitis B and C. British Journal of Cancer , 69(6):1157-9, 1994.
24. Tsai J-F, HS Margolis, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, Y-C Ko, Z-Y Lin, W-Y Chang, J-H Tsai. Association between hepatitis B and C virus infection and Chinese hepatocellular carcinoma: a case-control study. Viral Hepatitis and Liver Disease, 697-700, 1994.
25. R-Z Lewanczuk, L-M Resnick, M-S Ho, C-G Benishin, Jie Shan, P K-T Pang. Clinical aspects of parathyroid hypertensive factor. Journal of Hypertension, 12(suppl 1): S11-16, 1994.
26. Lee M-S, C-C King, C-J Chen, S-Y Yang, M-S Ho. Epidemiology of measles in Taiwan: dynamics of transmission and timeliness of reporting during an epidemic in 1988-9. Epidemiology and Infection, 114(2);345-59, 1995.
27. Tsai J-F, J-E Jeng, W-Y Chang, M-S Ho, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Increased IgM-containing circulating immune complexes in patients co-infected with Hepatitis C and Hepatitis B. Medicine, 74(3);136-143, 1995.
28. Tsai J-F, H-S Margolis, J-E Jeng. M-S Ho, W-Y Chang, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Circulating immune complexes in chronic hepatitis related to hepatitis C and B viruses infection. Clinical Immunology and Immunopathology, 75(1):39-44, 1995.
29. Yang S-S, C-H Wu, C-S Huang, M-S Ho, M-Y Lai, J-H Kao, D-S Chen. Early interferon therapy and abortion of possttransfusion hepatitis C viral infection. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, 21(1):38-41, 1995.
30. Tsai J-F, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, W-Y Chang, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Clinical evaluation of serum a-fetoprotein and circulating immune complexes as tumour markers of hepatocellular carcinoma. British Journal of Cancer, 72(2):442-6, 1995.
31. Tsai J-F. J-E Jeng, W-Y Chang, M-S Ho, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Circulating immune complexes in chronic hepatitis C. Journal of Medical Virology 46(1):12-7, 1995.
32. M-S Ho, C-F Lu, Jean Kuo, Y-C Mau, W-H Chao. A family cluster of an immune escape variant of hepatitis B virus infecting a mother and her two fully immunized children. Clinical & Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology. 2(6):760-2, 1995.
33. Hsu L-C, S-R Lin, H-M Hsu, W-H Chao, J-T Hsieh M-C Wang, C-F Lu, Y-H Chang, M-S Ho. Ethnic differences in immune responses to hepatitis B vaccine. American Journal of Epidemiology. 143(7):718-24, 1996.
34. Tsai J-F, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, W-Y Chang, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Independent and additive effect modification of hepatitis C and B viruses infection on the development of chronic hepatitis. Journal of Hepatology, 24(3): 271-6, 1996.
35. Tsai J-F, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, W-Y Chang, M-Y Hsieh, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Additive effect modification of hepatitis B surface antigen and e antigen on the development of hepatocellular carcinoma. British Journal of Cancer, 73(12):1498-502, 1996.
36. Tsai J-F, HS Margolis, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, W-Y Chang, M-Y Hsieh, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Increased IgM class circulating immune complexes in a acute hepatitis virus infection. Clinical Immunology & Immunopathology, 78(3): 291-5, 1996.
37. Glass RI, PE Kilgore, RC Holman, S Jin, JC Smith, PA Woods, MJ Clarke, M-S Ho, JR Gentsch. The epidemiology of rotavirus diarrhea in the United States: surveillance and estimates of disease burden. Journal of Infectious Diseases, 174(Suppl 1): S5-11, 1996.
38. J-F Tsai, H-S Margolis, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, W-Y Chang, M-Y Hsieh, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Hepatitis B surface antigen- and immunoglobulin-specific circulating immune complexes in acute hepatitis B virus infection. Clinical Immunology and Immunopathology, Article No.0124, 80(3 Pt 1):278-282, 1996.
39. J-F Tsai, J-E Jeng, L-Y Chuang, M-L Yang, M-S Ho, W-Y Chang, M-Y Hsieh, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Clinical evaluation of urinary transforming growth factor-betal and serum alpha-fetoprotein as tumour markers of hepatocellular carcinoma. British Journal of Cancer, 75(10):1460-1466, 1997.
40. J-F Tsai, J-E Jeng, L-Y Chuang, M-L Yang, M-S Ho, W-Y Chang, M-Y Hsieh, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Elevated urinary transforming growth factor-betal level as a tumour marker and predictor of poor survival in cirrhotic hepatocellular carcinoma. British Journal of Cancer, 76(2):244-250, 1997.
41. M-S Ho, C-P Hsu, Y Yuh, C-C King, J-F Tsai, Y-C Mau, L-C Hsu, W-H Chao. High rate of hepatitis C virus infection in an isolated community: persistent hyperendemicity or period-related phenomena? Journal of Medical Virology, 52(4): 370-376, 1997.
42. J-F Tsai, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, W-Y Chang, M-Y Hsieh, Z-Y Ln, J-H Tsai. Effect of hepatitis C and B virus infection on risk of hepatocellular carcinoma: a prospective study. British Journal of Cancer, 76(7):968-974, 1997.
43. H-L Chiou, T-S Lee, J Kuo, Y-C Mau, M-S Ho. Altered antigenicity of “a” determinant variants of hepatitis B virus. Journal of General Virology, 78(10): 2639-2645, 1997.
44. J-F Tsai, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, C-S Wang, W-Y Chang, M-Y Hsieh, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Serum alanine aminotransferase level in relation to hepatitis B and C virus infections among blood donors. Liver, 17(1): 24-29, 1997.
45. L-C Hsu, Y-C Wu, S-R Lin, C-C King, M-S Ho, C-F Lu, H-M Hsu, K-T Chen, C-B Horng. Seroepidemiology of Japanese encephalitis viral infection among 3-6 years old children from mountainous and plains townships located in the northern, central, southern and eastern Taiwan. Chinese Journal Microbiol Immunol. 30: 194-206, 1997. 臺灣北中南東四區山地和平地鄉 3-6 歲兒童日本腦炎病毒感染的血清流行病學研究
46. M-S Ho, Y-C Mau, C-F Lu, S-F Huang, L-C Hsu, S-R Lin, H-M Hsu. Patterns of circulating hepatitis B surface antigen variants among vaccinated children born to hepatitis B surface antigen carrier and non-carrier mothers. Journal of Biomedical Science, 5: 355-362, 1998.
47. J-F Tsai, H-S Margolis, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, W-Y Chang, M-Y Hsieh, Z-Y Lin, J-H Tsai. Immunoglobulin-and hepatitis B surface antigen-specific circulating immune complexes in chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Clinical Immunology & Immunopathology, 86(3): 246-51, 1998.
48. D-E Schuback, E-L Mulligan, K-B Sims, E-A Tivol, B-D Greenberg, S-F Chang, S-L Yang, Y-C Mau, C-Y Shen, M-S Ho, N-H Yang, M-G Butler, C-E Schwartz, F Berlin, X-O Breakefield, D-L Murphy, Y-P Hsu. Screen for MAOA mutations intarget human groups. American Journal of Medical Genetics, 88(1): 25-28, 1999.
49. D-B Lin, W-T Nieh, H-M Wang, M-W Hsiao, U-P Ling, S-P Changlai, M-S Ho, S-L You, C-J Chen. Seroepidemiology of helicobacter pylori infection among preschool children in Taiwan. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 61(4): 554-558, 1999.
50. Sun CA, Chen HC, Lu CF, You SL, Mau YC, Ho M-S, Lin SH, Chen CJ. Transmission of hepatitis C virus in Taiwan: prevalence and risk factors based on a nationwide survey. Journal of Medical Virology, 59(3):290-6, 1999.
51. J-F Tsai, L-Y Chuang, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, Z-Y Lin, M-Y Hsieh, Y-L Wang, J-H Tsai. Sex differences in relation to serum hepatitis B e antigen and alanine aminotransferase levels among asymptomatic hepatitis B surface antigen carriers. Journal Gastroenterology. 35(9): 690-5, 2000.
52. S-R Shih, M-S Ho, K-H Lin, S-L Wu, Y-T Chen, C-N Wu, T-Y Lin, L-Y Chang, K-C Tsao, H-C Ning, P-Y Chang, S-M Jung, C Hsueh, K-S Chang. Genetic analysis of enterovirus 71 isolated from fatal and non-fatal cases of hand, foot and mouth disease during an epidemic in Taiwan, 1998. Virus Research, 68: 127-136, 2000.
53. Lin DB, Tsai TP, Yang CC, Wang HM, Nieh WT, Ling UP, Changlai SP, You SL, Ho M-S, Chen CJ. Association between seropositivity of antibodies against hepatitis a virus and Helicobacter pylori. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 63(3-4):189- 91, 2000.
54. M-L Huang, L-Y Chiu, W-H Pan, C-M Yang, C-Y Hu, D-B Lin, Cathy SJ Fann, M-S Ho. Negative association between HLA-A2 and a low antibody response to hepatitis B vaccine in Bunun ethnic children. Journal of Genetics and Molecular Biology, 12(3): 151-160, 2001.
55. J-F Tsai, L-Y Chuang, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, M-Y Hsieh, Z-Y Lin, L-Y Wang. Betel quid chewing as a risk factor for hepatocellular carcinoma: a case-control study. British Journal of Cancer. 84(5): 709-13, 2001.
56. C-N Wu, Y-C Lin, Cathy Fann, N-S Liao, S-R Shih, M-S Ho. Protection against lethal enterovirus 71 infection in newborn mice by passive immunization with subunit VP1 vaccines and inactivated virus. Vaccine, 20(5-6): 895-904, 2002.
57. Y-C Lin, C-N Wu, S-R Shih, M-S Ho. Characterization of a vero cell-adapted virulent strain of enterovirus 71 suitable for use as a vaccine candidate. Vaccine, 7;20(19-20):2485- 2493, 2002.
58. T-Y Lin, S-J Twu, M-S Ho, L-Y Chang, C-Y Lee. Enterovirus 71 outbreak, Taiwan: occurrence and recognition. Emerging Infectious diseases, 9(3): 291-3, 2003.
59. Hu Y-C, Hsu JTA, Huang J-H, Ho M-S, Ho Y-C. Formation of enterovirus-like particle aggregates by recombinant baculovirusesco-expressing P1 and 3CD in insect cells. Biotechnology Letters 25 (12): 919-925 Jun 2003.
60. Tsai JF, Jeng JE, Chuang LY, Ho M-S, Ko YC, Lin ZY, Hsieh MY, Chen SC, Chuang WL, Wang LY, Yu ML, Dai CY, Ho C. Habitual betel quid chewing as a risk factor for cirrhosis A case-control study. Medicine (Baltimore), 82 (5): 365-372 Sep 2003.
61. Tsai JF, Jeng JE, Chuang LY, You HL, Ho M-S, Lai CS, Wang LY, Hsieh MY, Chen SC, Chuang WL, Lin ZY, Yu ML, Dai CY. Serum insulin-like growth factor-II and alpha- fetoprotein as tumor markers of hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumor Biology, 24(6):291-8, 2003.
62. Shih SR, Chiang C, Chen TC, Wu CN, Hsu JT, Lee JC, Hwang MJ, Li ML, Chen GW, Ho M-S. Mutations at KFRDI and VGK domains of enterovirus 71 3C protease affect its RNA binding and proteolytic activities. Journal of Biomedical Science, 11(2):239-48, 2004.
JF, Jeng JE, Chuang LY,
Ho M-S, Ko YC,
Lin ZY, Hsieh MY, Chen SC, Chuang WL, Wang LY, Yu ML, Dai CY.
Habitual betel quid chewing
64. Dowell SF, Simmerman JM, Erdman DD, Wu JS, Chaovavanich A, Javadi M, Yang JY, Anderson LJ, Tong S, Ho M-S. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus on hospital surfaces. Clinical Infectious Diseases, 39(5):652-7, Sep 1, 2004; Epub 2004 Aug 11.
PR, Kao CL, Lee CN, Chen LK, Ho M-S,
Sia C, Fang XD, Lynn S, Chang TY, Liu SK, Walfield AM, Wang CY.
SARS antibody test for
Y-C, Liu T-T, Yang J-Y, Lee C-M. Chen Y-J, Chan Y-J, Lu J-J, Liu H-F,
Hsiung C A, Ho M-S, Hsiao K-J, Chen H-Y, and Chen Y-M A.,
Shu PY, Chien LJ, Chang SF, Su CL, Kuo YC, Liao TL, Ho M-S,
Lin TH, Huang JH.
at airports and imported dengue.
Hsieh YH, King CC, Chen CW, Ho M-S, Lee JY, Liu FC,
Wu YC, JulianWu JS.
Emerging Infect Disease. 11(2):278-82, Feb,
69. Yen MY, Lin YE, Su IJ, Huang FY, Huang FY, Ho MS, Chang SC, Tan KH, Chen KT, Chang H, Liu YC, Loh CH, Wang LS, Lee CH.Using an integrated infection control strategy during outbreak control to minimize nosocomial infection of severe acute respiratory syndrome among healthcare workers. J Hosp Infect. 2006 Feb;62(2):195-9. Epub 2005 Sep 8.
Chen W-J, Chen H-Y, Lin S-F, Wang M-C, Di J, Lu Y-T, Liu C-L, Chang S-C, Chao
C-L, King C-C, Chiou J-M, Su I-J, Yang J-Y. Neutralizing Antibody
YY, Huang CF, Wei JCC, Ho M-S, Wang Lina, Lin SJ, Tsai WY, Lin CC,
Xu F. Yang CC. The Study of IgG Subclass Profiles of Anti-HBc in Populations
I thinkI got "That Disease": An interview with a medical student who had
recovered from SARS in Guangzhou, China. Public Health. 120(1):6-7. 2006
T-H, Huang C-F, Wei J C-C, Ho M-S, Wang L, Tsai W-Y, Lin C-C, Xu
F-L, Yan C-C. The study of IgG subclass profiles of anti-HBs in populations with
YM, Liang SY, Shih YP, Chen CY, Lee YM, Chang L, Jung SY,
Liang KY, Chen HY, Chan YJ, Chu DC.
Epidemiological and genetic correlates
W-J, Yang J-Y, Lin J-H, Fann C S-J,1 Osyetrov V, King C-C, Chen Y-M A, Chang
H-L, Kuo H-W, Liao F, Ho M-S. Nasopharyngeal Shedding of Severe
Fann,C.S.J., Wu,J-Y, Hung,Y-T; Ho, M-S, Tai,TH, Chen,Y-J, Liao,C-J,
Yang, M-L; Cheng, AT-A; Chen,Y-T; Han Chinese Cell and Genome Bank in
YC, Huang JH, Lai CW, Sheng HC, Shih SR,
Expression, purification and characterization of enterovirus-71 virus-like
C-C, Lee T-T, Chen C-H, Hsiao H-Y, Lin Y-L,
Yang P-C, Peck K. Design of microarray probes for virus identification and
detection of emerging
Reviews & Invited Commentary
1.Y-P Yeh, K-L Hwang, S-T Hsu, T-N Wu, D-Y Chao, P-I Lee, M-S Ho. Overview of the epidemic of enterovirus Infection in Taiwan, 1998. Formosan Journal of Medicine, Vol.3, No.1:057-61, January, 1999. 1998年台灣腸病毒疫情綜論, 台灣醫學會雜誌。
2. 何美鄉. 新興傳染病所需的防疫體系。中華衛誌，Vol.17，No.3，P171-172，1998。 [Reinventing the public health infrastructure to confront emerging infection diseases] Chinese Journal of Public Health (Taipei), Vol.17, No.3, P171-172, 1998.
3. T-Y Lin, S-J Twu, M-S Ho, L-Y Chang, C-Y Lee. Enterovirus 71 outbreak, Taiwan: occurrence and recognition. Emerging Infectious diseases, 9(3): 291-3, 2003.
4. Ho M-S, SuIJ. Preparing to prevent severe acute respiratory syndrome and other respiratory infections. Lancet Infectious Disease, 4(11):684-9, Nov, 2004. (Invited review article)
5. Dowell SF, Ho M-S. Seasonality of infectious disease and severe acute respiratory syndrome-what we don’t know can hurt us. Lancet Infectious Disease, 4(11):704-8, Nov, 2004. (Review article)
1. Hegeman S, M-S Ho, M Bay, LV Beck. Effects in mice of orchidectomy and Flutamide on Hypothalamic luteinizing hormone and seminal vesicle weights. The Anterior Pituitar Gland, pp184-93, Aven Press, New York, 1983.
2. R-I Glass, M-S Ho, Judy Lew, C-W LeBaron, Donna Lng. Cost-Benefit studies of rotavirus vaccines in the United States. SAREC Conference Report 1990:2 pp102-107.
3. Tsai J-F, H-S Margoles, J-E Jeng, M-S Ho, Y-C Ko, Z-Y Lin, W-Y Chang, J-H Tsai. Association between hepatitis B and C virus infection and Chinese hepatocellular carcinoma: a case-control study. Viral Hepatitis and Liver Disease pp697-700, by Springer-Verlag Tokyo, 1994.
1. Pathogenesis of Enterovirus 71, Annual meeting of Taiwan Medical Association, Taipei, Taiwan, 1999
2. Virus-Host Interaction: Enterovirus 71. Plenary Session Asian Pacific Organization of Cell Biology, Taipei, Taiwan, Nov 2003
3. The Epidemiology of Acute Respiratory Syndrome. Annual Meeting of Taiwan Cancer Society, Taipei, Taiwan, June 2003
4. The Epidemiology and Control of SARS, International Symposium on Confronting with SARS and Influenza. Milan, Italy, Nov. 2003
5. Focus Session, ICCAC, Washington, DC, Nov, 2004
1. Hemorrhagic pulmonary shock syndrome in association with an outbreak of enterovirus 71, National Cheng Kong (成功) University, 1998
2. Hemorrhagic pulmonary shock syndrome in association with an outbreak of enterovirus 71. Pasteur Institute, Nov , 1999
3. National Research Institute of Health, Tenth Anniversary Symposium, April 18, 2005
Members of Laboratory
1. Hui-Ling Chiou, Assistant Professor, Chung Shan Medical College
2. Ya-Ching Lin, Assistant Professor, Ping-Tung Institute of Technology
3. Ting-Hui Wong, Scientist, Pharmaceutics.
1. Cheng Nan Wu, Assistant professor, Chung Tai Institute of Technology