PhD. in Chemistry, Columbia University,USA
Research and development of new anti-viral and anti-cancer drugs are important for biomedical research in Taiwan. In the past years, we collaborated with natural product chemists in Taiwan and have successfully established a screening protocol to study the mechanism on inhibition of cell growth, rescue TGF-b- induced apoptosis, and anti-HBV agents from local medicinal plants. We try to identify molecular target and elucidate mode of action on these selectively compounds using chemical biology approaches
1. Tu, L.C., Chou, C.K., Chen, H.C., and Yeh,S.F. (2001) Protein Kinase C-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of paxillin and Focal Adhesion kinase requires cytoskeletal integrity and is uncoupled to mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in human hepatoma cells, J. Biomedical Science 18, 184-190.
2. Wang, W.L. Yeh, S.F. Chang, Y.F. Lin, C.H. Huang, C.Y.and Lin. W.J. (2003) PICK1:an anchoring Protein That Specifically Targets PKCa to Mitochondria Selectively upon Serum Stimulation in NIH 3T3 Cells, J. Biol. Chem. 278 (39), 37705-12.
3. Yeh, S.F., Gupta, M., Sarma, D.N., and Mitra, S. K (2003) Downregulation of hepatitis B surface antigen expression in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines by HD-03, a polyherbal formulation, Phytother Res., 17(1), 89-91.
4. Tu, L.C. , Chou, C.K, Chen, C.Y. Chang, Y.T. Shen Y.C.and Yeh S.F. (2004) Characterization of The Cytotoxic Mechanism of Mana-Hox, a derivative of Manzamine Alkaloids, Biochim Biophys Acta 1672, 148-156.
5. Li, Y., Fu, L., Yeo, H., Zhu, JL., Chou, C.K., Kou, YH., Yeh, SF., Gullen E., Austin D. and Chen., Y. C. (2005) Inhibition of hepatitis B virus gene expression and replication by hilioxanthin and its derivative. Antiviral Chemistry. Chemotherapy. 16,193-201.
6. Shen, Y. C., Lin, Y. C., Chiang, M. Y., Yeh, S. F., Cheng, Y. B., and Liao, C. C. (2005) Kadsuphilactones A and B, Two New Triterpene Dilactones from Kadsura philippinensis. Organic Letters 7, 3307-3310.
7. Wang JY, Chiu JH, Tsai TH, Tsou AP, Hu CP, Chi CW, Yeh SF, Lui WY, Wu CW, Chou CK. (2005) Gene expression profiling predicts liver responses to a herbal remedy after partial hepatectomy in mice. Int J Mol Med. 16 (2), 221-31.
8. Chuang HN, Wang JY, Chiu JH, Tsai TH, Yeh SF, Fu SL, Lui WY, Wu CW. (2005) Enhancing effects of Scutellaria baicalensis and some of its constituents on TGF-beta1 gene expression in RAW 264.7 murine macrophage cell line. Planta Med. 71(5), 440-5.
9. Tu LC, Chen CS, Hsiao IC, Chern JW, Lin CH , Shen YC and Yeh SF, (2005) The b-carboline analog Mann-Hox causes mitotic aberration by interacting with DNA. Chemistry and Biology 12, 1317-1324.
10. Shen, Y. C., Lin, Y. C., Chiang, M. Y., Yeh, S. F., Cheng, Y. B., and Liao, C. C. (2005) Kadsuphilactones A and B, Two Novel Triterpene Dilactones from Kadsura philippinensis. Organic Letters 7, 5348.
11. Wang JY, Chuang HN, Chiu JH, Fu SL, Tsai TH, Tsou AP, Hu CP, Chi CW, Yeh SF, Lui WY, Wu CW, Chou CK..(2006) Effects of Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi on macrophage-hepatocyte interaction through cytokines related to growth control of murine hepatocytes. Experimental Biology and Medicine 231(4):444-55.