|于耀華 副教授 (Yau-Hua Yu)|
Integrative meta-methods and biological networks provide insights in depicting gene-gene interplays and modeling human diseases at systems-level. A network-based meta-analysis to include transcriptomic studies of HNSCC into progressive comparisons will highlight the evolving nature of HNSCC. Furthermore, topological network analyses are to reveal significant genes and enriched disruptive signaling pathways. Thus, the evolving nature of the HNSCC transcriptome could be deciphered via the analyzed topological characteristics and the prismatic visualization of the interacting networks in the progressive stages.
High loads of traditional cardiovascular risks are responsible for the development of cerebrovascular diseases such as carotid atherosclerosis and cerebral white matter lesions (WMLs). Disruptions of neural circuitries resulted from impaired cerebral blood flow, which is often associated with carotid artery atherosclerosis as well as cerebral micro-angiopathic changes (WMLs), continue to exacerbate executive dysfunction, cognitive impairment and depression. Recently, human genetic variations have been implicated to regulate different phenotypes. Therefore, we aim to investigate the underlying biological mechanisms of aging effects on cognitive function in older adults via an integrative, systems-level, network-based approach. We will launch a genome-wide association study based on a cohort study in Taipei. A deeper insight into the aging effect on cognitive function could be illuminated via a systems biology approach, particularly in the context of ‘geno-pheno’ networks.
Yu YH*. Integrative Genomics of Squamous Cell Carcinoma in the Oral Cavity, Pharynx, and Larynx. Thesis dissertation, 2005, Harvard School of Dental Medicine,
Systems biology for signaling networks.
1. Yu YH, Kuo HK*, Lai YL. Levels of Serum Folic Acid Are Associated with Periodontal Disease in Older Adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2007 Jan;55(1):108-13.
2. Yu YH, Kuo HK*. The Association Between Cognitive Function and Periodontal Disease in Older Adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2008 Sep;56(9):1693-7.
3. Yu YH*, Lai YL, Cheung WS, Kuo HK. Oral health status is differentially associated with self-reported functional dependence among community-dwelling older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. (In Press)
4. Sebastiani P, Yu YH, Ramoni MF*. Bayesian machine learning and its potential applications to the genomic study of oral oncology. Adv Dent Res. 2003 Dec;17:104-8.
5. Huang TS, Hsieh JY, Wu YH, Jen CH, Tsuang YH, Chiou SH, Partanen J, Anderson H, Jaatinen T, Yu YH, Wang HW*. Functional Network Reconstruction Reveals Somatic Stemness Genetic Maps and Dedifferentiation-Like Transcriptome Reprogramming Induced by GATA2. Stem Cells. 2008 May;26(5):1186-201. Epub 2008 Feb 28.
6. Yu YH*, Kuo HK*, Chang KW. The Evolving Transcriptome of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Systematic Review. PLoS ONE. 2008 Sep 15;3(9):e3215.
7. Wu MJ, Jan CI, Tsay YG, Yu YH, Huang CY, Lin SC, Liu CJ, Chen YS, Lo JF*, Yu CC*. Elimination of Head and Neck Cancer Initiating Cells through Targeting Glucose Regulated Protein78 Signaling. Molecular Cancer. 2010 Oct 27;9:283.
8. Lo JF*, Yu CC, Chiou SH, Huang CY, Jan CI, Lin SC, Liu CJ, Hu WY, Yu YH. Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition Mediator, S
9. Kuo HK, Leveille SG, Yen CJ*, Chai HM, Chang CH, Yeh YC, Yu YH, Bean JF. Exploring How Peak Leg Power and Usual Gait Speed Are Linked to Late-life Disability: Data From the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 1999-2002. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2006 Aug;85(8):650-658.
10. Kuo HK, Yen CJ, Chen JH, Yu YH*, Bean J. Association of cardiorespiratory fitness and levels of C-reactive protein: Data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 1999-2002. Int J Cardiol. 2007 Jan 2;114(1):28-33. Epub 2006 May 5.
11. Kuo HK, Leveille SG, Yu YH*, Milberg WP. Cognitive Performance, Habitual Gait Speed, and Late-Life Disability in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 1999-2002. Gerontology. 2007;53(2):102-10. Epub 2006 Nov 6.
12. Kuo HK, Liao KC, Leveille SG, Bean JF, Yen CJ, Chen JH, Yu YH*, Tai TY. The relations of homocysteine levels to quadriceps strength, gait speed, and late-life disability in older adults. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2007 Apr;62(4):434-9.
13. Kuo HK*, Lin LY, Yu YH. Microalbuminuria is a negative correlate for cognitive function in older adults with peripheral arterial disease: results from the U.S. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1999-2002. Journal of Internal Medicine. 2007 Nov;262(5):562-70.
14. Kuo HK, Yu YH*. The Relation of Peripheral Arterial Disease to Leg Force, Gait Speed, and Functional Dependence Among Older Adults. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2008 Apr;63(4):384-90.
15. Kuo HK, Chen CY, Liu HM, Yen CJ, Chang KJ, Chang CC, Yu YH, Lin LY, Hwang JJ. Metabolic risks, white matter hyperintensities, and arterial stiffness in high-functioning healthy adults. Int J Cardiol. 2010 Aug 20;143(2):184-91. Epub 2009 Mar 4.
16. Hsieh CF, Liu CK, Fang TJ, Yu YH, Lai CL, Kuo HK. Previous Hepatitis A Virus Infection Is Related to Slower Psychomotor Speed in Elderly Adults. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2009 Oct;64(10):1090-6. Epub 2009 Jun 26.
17. Kuo CK, Lin LY, Yu YH, Wu KH, Kuo HK. Inverse association between insulin resistance and gait speed in nondiabetic older men: results from the U.S. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 1999-2002. BMC Geriatr. 2009 Nov 19;9:49.
18. Kuo HK, Yang CC, Yu YH, Tsai KT, Chen CY. Gender-specific association between self-reported sleep duration and falls in high-functioning older adults. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2010 Feb;65(2):190-6. Epub 2009 Sep 30.Kuo CK, Lin LY, Yu YH, Chang CH, Kuo HK. A family history of diabetes mellitus is associated with poor glycemic control and increased metabolic risks among people with diabetes: data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1999-2004. Intern Med. 2010;49(6):549-55. Epub 2010 Mar 15.