Dr. Szecheng J. Lo, Professor
Department of Life Science, Chang-Gung University
Phone: 886-3-211-8800 #3295
1970, B.S.¡@ Department of Biology
¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@ National Taiwan Normal University
1974, M.S.T. Department of Biology
¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@ University of Wisconsin-Superior
1979, Ph.D.¡@Department of Biological Sciences
¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@ Wayne State University
1. Molecular biology of HBV and HDV - signals in HBV and HDV cross-talk
2. Role of nucleolar proteins in the development of C. elegans
3. Snake venom protein--disintegrin
1. Wang PC, Hui EKW, Chiu JH, Lo SJ. (2001) Analysis of integrated hepatitis B virus DNA and flanking cellular sequence by inverse polymerase chain reaction. J. Virol. Method. 92: 83-90.
2. Guo RT, Chou LJ, Chen YC, Chen CY, Pari K, Jen CJ, Lo SJ, Huang SL, Lee CY, Cheng TW, Chaung WJ. (2001) Expression in Pichia pastoris and characterization by circular dichroism and NMR of rhodostomin. Proteins: Stru. Func Gen 43:499-508.
3. Chang CP, Chang JC, Chang HH, Tsai WJ, Lo SJ. (2001) Positional importance of Pro53 adjacent to the Arg49-Gly50-Asp51 sequence of rhodostomin in binding to integrin aIIb b3. Biochem. J. 357:57-64.
4. Shih KN, Lo SJ. (2001) The HDV large-delta antigen fused with GFP remains functional and provides for studying its dynamic distribution. Virology 285:138-152.
5. Chen KL, Chen CM, Chih CM, Huang HL, Lee YHW, Chang C, Lo SJ. (2001) Hepatitis B viral polymerase fusion proteins are biologically active and can interact with the hepatitis C virus core protein in vivo. J. Biomed. Sci. 8: 492-503.
6. Hui EK, Wang PC, Lo SJ. (2002) PCR-based strategies to clone unknown DNA regions from foreign integrants: overview. Methods Mol. Biol. 192: 249-274.
7. Chen PM, Yao NS, Wu CM, Yang MH, Lin YC, Hsiao LT, Yen CC, Wang WS, Fan FS, Chiou TJ, Liu JH, Lo SJ. (2002) Detection of reactivation and genetic mutations of the hepatitis B virus in patients with chronic hepatitis B infections receiving hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Transplantation 74: 182-188.
8. Chang HH, Kau JH, Lo SJ, Sun DS. (2003) Cell-adhesion and morphological changes are not sufficient to support anchorage-dependent cell growth via non-integrin-mediated attachment. Cell Biol Int. 27: 123-133.
9. Hui EKW, Lo SJ. (2004) PCR-based techniques for cloning an unknown DNA fragment adjacent to a known integrant. (Weissensteiner T, Griffin, HG, and Griffin A eds. 2nd Ed) CRC Press. pp. 313-322.
10. Shih KN, Chuang YT, Liu H, Lo SJ. (2004) Hepatitis D virus RNA editing is inhibited by a GFP fusion protein with C-terminally deleted delta antigen. J. Gen. Virol. 85: 947-957.
11. Tan KP, Shih KN, Lo SJ. (2004) Serine-123 of HDV large antigen modulates its cellular localization to the nucleolus, SC-35 speckles, or cytoplasm. J. Gen. Virol. 85: 1685-1694.
12. Lo SJ, Chang HH. (2005) Recombinant snake disintegrins used for mammalian integrin study. J. Toxic. Toxin Rev. 24: 95-111.
13. Sun DS, Lo SJ, Lin CH, Yu MS, Huang CY, Chen YF, Chang HH. (2005). Calcium oscillation and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase positively-regulate integrin ƒÑIIbƒÒ3-mediated outside-in signaling. J. Biomed. Sci. 12: 321-333
14. Lai HJ, Lo SJ (2005) Epigenetic methylation of TIMP-3 may play a role in HBV-associated hepatocellular carcinoma. Chang Gung M. J. 28: 453-455.
15. Chang JC, Chang HH, Lin CT, Lo SJ. (2005) The integrin ƒÑ6ƒÒ1 modulation of PI3K and Cdc42 activities induces dynamic filopodium formation in human platelets. J Biomed Sci. 2005 Oct 14;:1-18 [Epub ahead of print]
16.Sun DS, Lo SJ, Tsai WJ, Lin CH, Yu MS, Chen FY, Chang HH. (2005) PI3-kinase is essential for ADP-stimulated integrin ƒÑIIbƒÒ3-mediated platelet calcium oscillation, implications for P2Y receptor pathways in integrin ƒÑIIbƒÒ3-initiated signaling cross-talks. J Biomed Sci. 2005 Oct 14;:1-12 [Epub ahead of print]
Members of Laboratory