Dr. Soo-Chen Cheng, Professor
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica
1977, B.S.ˇ@ Chemistry
ˇ@ˇ@ˇ@ˇ@ˇ@ˇ@ National Taiwan University, Taiwan
ˇ@ˇ@ˇ@ˇ@ˇ@ˇ@ Duke University
Molecular mechanism of pre-mRNA splicing
1. Tsai, R.-T., Fu, R.-H., Yeh, F.-L., Tseng, C.-K., Lin, Y.-C., Huang, Y.-h. and Cheng, S.-C. (2005) Spliceosome disassembly catalyzed by Prp43 and its associated components Ntr1 and Ntr2. Genes Dev., in press.
2. Chan, S.-P. and Cheng, S.-C. (2005) The Prp19-associated complex is required for specifying interactions of U5 and U6 with Pre-mRNA during spliceosome activation. J. Biol. Chem. 280, 31190-31199.
3. Chan, S.-P., Kao, D.-I., Tsai, W.-Y. and Cheng, S.-C. (2003) The Prp19p-associated complex in spliceosome activation. Science 302, 279-282.
4. Chen, C.-H., Yu, W.-C., Tsao, T. Y., Wang, L.-Y., Chen, H.-R., Lin, J.-Y., Tsai, W.-Y. and Cheng, S.-C. (2002) Functional and physical interactions between components of the Prp19p-associated complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 30, 1029-1037.
5. Chen, C.-H., Tsai, W.-Y., Chen, H.-R., Wang, C.-H. and Cheng, S.-C. (2001) Identification and characterization of two novel components of the Prp19p-associated complex, Ntc30p and Ntc20p. J. Biol. Chem. 276, 488-494.
6. Miller, R. K., Cheng, S.-C. and Rose, M. D. (2000) Bim1p/Yeb1p mediates the Kar9p-dependent cortical attachment of cytoplasmic microtubules. Mol. Biol. Cell 11, 2949-2959.
7. Chen, H.-R., Tsao, T. Y., Chen, C.-H., Tsai, W.-Y., Her, L.-S., Hsu, M.-T. and Cheng, S.-C. (1999) Snt309p modulates interactions of Prp19p with its associated components to stabilize the Prp19p-associated complex essential for pre-mRNA splicing. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 5406-5411.
8. Tsai, W.-Y., Chow, Y-T., Chen, H.-R., Huang, K.-T., Hong, R.-I, Jan, S.-P., Kuo, N.-Y., Tsao, T. Y., Chen, C.-H. and Cheng, S.-C. (1999) Cef1p is a component of the Prp19p-associated complex and essential for pre-mRNA splicing. J. Biol. Chem. 274, 9455-9462.
9. Chen, H.-R., Jan, S.-P., Tsao, T. Y., Sheu, Y.-J., Banroques, J. and Cheng, S.-C. (1998) Snt309p: a component of the Prp19p-associated complex that interacts with Prp19p and associates with the spliceosome simultaneously with or immediately after dissociation of U4 in the same manner as Prp19p. Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 2196-2204.
10. Chen, H.-R., Hsu, M.-T. and Cheng, S.-C. (1995) Spheroplast preparation facilitates PCR screening of yeast sequence. BioTechniques 19, 744-747.
11. Cheng, S.-C. (1994) Formation of the yeast splicing complex A1 and association of the splicing factor PRP19 with the pre-mRNA are independent of the 3ˇ¦ region of the intron. Nucleic Acids Res. 22, 1548-1554. Tarn, W.-Y., Hsu, C.-H., Huang, K.-T., Chen, H.-R., Kao, H.-Y., Lee, K.-R. and Cheng, S.-C. (1994) Functional association of essential splicing factor(s) with PRP19 in a protein complex. EMBO J. 13, 2421-2431.
12. Cheng, S.-C. and Tarn, W.-Y. (1993) Studies of the yeast PRP19 protein. in ˇ§Recent Advances in Molecular And Biochemical Research on Proteinsˇ¨, pp177-187, World Scientific Publishing Co..
13. Tarn, W.-Y., Lee, K.-R. and Cheng, S.-C. (1993) Yeast precursor mRNA processing protein PRP19 associates with the spliceosome concomitant with or just after dissociation of U4 small nuclear RNA. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90, 10821-10825.
14. Tarn, W.-Y., Lee, K.-R. and Cheng, S.-C. (1993) The yeast PRP19 protein is not tightly associated with snRNAs, but appears to associate with the spliceosome after binding of U2 to the pre-mRNA and prior to formation of the functional spliceosome. Mol. Cell. Biol. 13, 1883-1892.
15. Cheng, S.-C., Tarn, W.-Y., Tsao, T. Y. and Abelson, J. (1993) PRP19: a novel spliceosomal component. Mol. Cell. Biol. 13, 1876-1882.
16. Joshua, G., Chuang, R., Cheng, S.-C., Lin, S.-F., Tuan, R. and Wang, C.-C. (1991) The spliced leader gene of Angiostrongylus cantonensis. Mol. Biochem. Parasitol., 460, 209-218.
17. Cheng, S.-C., Newman, A. J., Lin, R.-J., McFarlane, G. and Abelson, J. N. (1990) Preparation and fractionation of yeast splicing extract. Meth. Enzymol. 181, 89-96.
18. Cheng, S.-C. (1990) Factors involved in early steps of the spliceosome assembly process. in "Biochemical and Structural Dynamics of The Cell Nucleus", pp181-190, Academic Press.
19. Cheng, S.-C. and Abelson, J. (1987) Spliceosome assembly in yeast. Genes & Dev. 1, 1014-1027.
20. Cheng, S.-C. and Abelson, J. (1986) Fractionation and characterization of a yeast mRNA splicing extract. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 83, 2387-2391.
21. Abelson, J., Brody, E., Cheng, S.-C., Clark, M. W., Green, P. R., Dalbadie-McFarlane, G., Lin, R.-J., Newman, A. J., Phizicky, E. M. and Vijayraghavan, U. (1985) RNA splicing in yeast. Molecular Evolution of Life, Nobel Conference, Sodergarn, Sweden.
22. Newman, A. J., Lin, R.-J., Cheng, S.-C. and Abelson, J. (1985) Molecular consequences of specific intron mutations on yeast mRNA splicing in vivo and in vitro. Cell 42, 335-344.
23. Lin, R.-J., Newman, A. J., Cheng, S.-C. and Abelson, J. (1985) Yeast mRNA splicing in vitro. J. Biol. Chem. 260, 14780-14792.
24. Cheng, S.-C., Herman, G. and Modrich, P. (1985) Extent of equilibrium helix perturbation upon enzymatic methylation of DNA.J. Biol. Chem. 260, 191-194.
25. Cheng, S.-C., R. Kim, K. King, S.-H, Kim and P. Modrich (1984) Isolation of gram quantities of EcoRI restriction and modificaion enzymes from an overproduction strain. J. Biol. Chem. 259, 11571-11575.
26. Cheng, S.-C. and Modrich, P. (1983) A positive selection cloning vehicle useful for overproduction of hybrid proteins. J. Bacteriol. 154, 1005-1008.
27. Cheng, S.-C., Chen, S.-W. and Lo, T.-B. (1979) Complete amino acid sequence of type I neurotoxin in Chinese cobra (Naj naj Linn.) venom. J. Chinese Biochem. Soc. 8, 48-54.
Members of Laboratory