Dr. Chi-Hung Lin, Professor
1976, Ph.D. Department of Biology
Yale University, USA
1986 - 1988 Lieutenant Doctor
National Service, Taiwan
1988 - 1989 Teaching and Research Assistant
Department of Microbiology, National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan
1995 - 1995 Post-doc Research Associate
Department of Biology, Yale University, USA
1995 - 2003 Associate Professor
Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan
2003 - Professor
Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan
1989 Scholarship from Ministry of Education, Taiwan
1994 CELLebration, Video publication by Sinaur Associates, Inc.
1995 John R. Nicholas Award for Outstanding Thesis Graduate School, Yale University, USA
2000 Keynote lecture, The 16th Biomedical Conference, Taiwan
Focusing on liver cancers, breast cancers (especially the early-onset group), and lung cancers (especially female adnocarcinoma).
Liver Cell Biology:
Focusing on hepatic differentiation and secretion, membrane polarization, protein targeting, etc.
Focusing on the dynamic studies of ligand-receptor (the interactions between the snake venom, rhodostomin, and integrin αIIbβ3) at a single-molecule resolution, and other nanometry-related investigation and biosensing.
1. Lin CH. Cytoskeletal Reorganization Underlying Cell Motility: A Study on Aplysia Bag Cell Neurons. Ph.D. Thesis, Yale University (1995).
2. Forscher P, Lin CH, and Thompson C. Novel Form of Growth Cone Motility Involving Site-Directed Actin Filament Assembly. Nature 357:515-518 (1992).
3. Lin CH and Forscher P. Cytoskeletal Remodeling During Growth Cone-Target Interactions. J. Cell Biol. 121:1369-1383 (1993).
4. Fisher T, Lin CH and Kaczmarek LK. The Peptide FMRFa Terminates a Discharge in Aplysia Bag Cell Neurons by Modulating Calcium, Potassium and Chloride Conductances. J. Neurophysiol. 69:2164-2173 (1993).
5. Azhderian EM, Hefner D, Lin CH, Kaczmarek LK and Forscher P. Cyclic AMP Modulates Fast Axonal Transport in Aplysia Bag Cell Neurons By Increasing the Probability of Single Organelle Movement. Neuron 12(6):1223-1233 (1994).
6. Lin CH, Thompson CA and Forscher P. Cytoskeletal Remodeling during Growth Cone Motility. Cur. Op. Neurobiol. 4:640-647 (1994).
7. Lin CH and Forscher P. Growth Cone Advance Is Inversely Proportional to Retrograde F-actin Flow. Neuron 14:763-771 (1995).
8. Lin, CH, Espreafico EM, Mooseker MS and Forscher P. Myosin Drives Retrograde F-actin Flow in Neuronal Growth Cones. Neuron 16:769-782 (1996).
9. Thompson CA, Lin CH and Forscher P. An Aplysia Cell Adhesion Molecule Associated with Site-Directed Actin Filament Assembly in Neuronal Growth Cones. J. Cell Sci. 109:2843-2854 (1996).
10. Lin CH and Forscher P. Myosin Drives Retrograde F-actin Flow in Neuronal Growth Cones. Biol. Bull. 192:183-185 (1997).
11. You LR, Chen CM, Yeh TS, Tsai TY, Mai RT, Lin CH, and Wu Lee YH. Hepatitis C Virus Core Protein Interacts with Cellular Putative RNA Helicase. J. Virol. 73:2841-2853 (1999).
12. Chen YJ, Ko JY, Chen PJ, Shu CH, Hsu MT, Tsai SF, and Lin CH. Chromosomal Aberrations in Nasopharygeal Carcinoma Analyzed by Comparative Genomic Hybridization. Genes Chromosomes and Cancer 25:169-175 (1999).
13. Chang HH, Lin CH and Lo SJ. Recombinant rhodostomin substrates induce transformation and active calcium oscillation in human platelets. Exp. Cell Res. 250:387-400 (1999).
14. Lian WN, Tsai1 JW, Yu PM, Wu TW, Yang SC, Chau YP, and Lin CH. Targeting of Aminopeptidase N to Bile Canaliculi Correlates with Secretory Activities of the Developing Canalicular Domain. Hepatology 30:748-760 (1999).
15. Suter DM, Espindola FS, Lin CH, Forscher P, and Mooseker MS. Localization of Unconventional Myosins V and VI in Neuronal Growth Cones. J. Neurobiol. 42:370-382 (2000).
16. Chen FD, Chen KY, Ngo FQ, Lin CH, Tsai ST, Ling TS, Whang-Peng JJ, Edwards AA, Lloyd DC, and Chen WL. Chromosomal damage in long-term residents of houses contaminated with cobalt-60. Lancet 355(9205):726 (2000).
17. Chen YJ, Yeh SH, Chen JT, Wu CC, Hsu MT, Tsai SF, Chen PJ, and Lin CH. Chromosomal Changes and Clonality Relationship Between Primary and Recurrent Hepatocellular Carcinoma Revealed by Comparative Genomic Hybridization. Gastroenterology 119(2):431-440 (2000).
18. Tsai JW, Liao BY, Huang CC, Hwang WL, Wang DW, Chiou, and Lin CH. Applications of optical tweezers and an integrated force measurement module for biomedical research. Proc. SPIE 4082:213-221 (2000).
19. Yang SC, Huang CH, Chen NJ, Chou CK and Lin CH. Functional Implication of Human Serine/Threonine Kinase, hAIK, in Cell Cycle Progression. J. Biomed. Sci. 7:484-493 (2000).
20. Kung SH. Wang YC. Lin CH. Kuo RL. and Liu WT. Rapid diagnosis and quantification of herpes simplex virus with a green fluorescent protein reporter system. Journal of Virological Methods 90(2):205-12 (2000).
21. Chang SN, Lin CH, and Lin A. An acidic amino acid cluster regulates nucleolar localization and ribosome assembly of human ribosomal protein L22. FEBS lett. 484:22-28 (2000).
22. 林奇宏, 蔡金吾. 雷射光鉗技術在生物作用力研究上的應用. 物理雙月刊，廿二卷五期 (2000).
23. 邱宗凱, 錢正浩, 連偉男, and 林奇宏. 全反射燭光顯微術於生物物理的應用. 物理雙月刊，廿四卷三期 (2001).
24. Chen SK, Tsai MH, Lin CH, Hwang JJ, and Chang WP. Determination of 8-oxoguanine on single cell nucleus in -irradiated mammalian cells. Int. J. Oncol. Biol. Phys. (in press) (2001).
25. Yang YC, Shyong WY, Chang MS, Chen YJ, Lin CH, Wang TY, Hsu MT, and Chen ML. Frequent gain of copy number on the long arm of chromosome 3 in human cervical adenocarcinoma. Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics (in press) (2001).
26. Lo PJ, Chen JY, Tang PP, Lin, J, Lin CH, Su LT, Wu CH, Chen TL, Yang Y, and Wang FF. Identification of a mouse thiamine transporter gene as a direct transcriptional target of p53. J. Biol. Chem. 276:37186-37193 (2001).
27. Yen CC, Chen YJ, Chen JT, Hsia JY, Chen PM, Liu JH, Fan FS, Chiou TJ, Wang WS, and Lin CH. Comparative genomic hybridization of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: correlations between chromosomal aberrations and disease progression/prognosis. [PDF] Cancer 92(11):2769-2777 (2001).
28. Chung YL, Sheu ML, Yang SC, Lin CH, and Yen SH. Resistance to tamoxifen-induced apoptosis is associated with direct interaction between Her2/neu and cell membrane estrogen receptor in breast cancer. [PDF] Int. J. Cancer 97(3):306-312 (2002).
29. Wang PH, Shyong WY, Lin CH, Chen YJ, Li YF, Chao HT, and Yuan CC. Analysis of genetic aberrations in uterine adenomyosis using comparative genomic hybridization. Anal. Quant. Cytol. Histol. 24(1):1-6 (2002).
30. Lin SC, Chen YJ, Kao SY, Hsu MT, Lin CH, Yang SC, Liu TY, and Chang KW. Chromosomal changes in betal-associated oral squamous cell carcinomas and their relationship to clinical parameters. Oral Oncology 38:266-273 (2002).
31. Wang AG, Lee CM, Wang YC, Lin CH, and Fann MJ. Up-regulation of cytochrome oxidase in the retina following optic nerve injury. Exp. Eye Res. 74:651-659 (2002).
32. Hsieh HP, Liou JP, Lin YT, Mahindroo N, Chang YJ, Yang YN, Chen SS, Tan UK, Chang CW, Chen TW, Lin CH, Chang YY, and Wang CC. Structure-Activity and Crystallographic Analysis of Benzophenone Derivatives - the Potential Anticancer Agents. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett: 13(1): 101-105 (2003).
33. Li WT, Hwang DR, Chen CP, Shen CW, Huang CL, Chen TW, Lin CH, Chang YL, Chang YY, Lo YK, Tseng HY, Lin CC, Song JS, Chen HC, Chen SJ, Wu SH, and Chen CT. Synthesis and biological evaluation of N-heterocyclic indolyl gloxylamides as orally active anticancer agents. J. Med. Chem. 46:1706-1715 (2003).
34. Sung YJ, Sung Z, Ho CL, Lin MT, Wang JS, Yang SC, Chen YJ, and Lin CH. Intercellular calcium waves mediate preferential cell growth toward the wound edge in polarized hepatic cells. [PDF] Experimental Cell Research 287(2):209-218 (2003).
35. Yen CC, Chen YJ, Lu KH, Hsia JY, Chen JT, Hu CP, Chen PM, Liu JH, Chiou TJ, Wang WS, Yang MH, Chao TC, and Lin CH. Genotypic analysis of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma by molecular cytogenetics and real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction. International Journal of Oncology 23:871-881 (2003).
36. Wang WL, Yeh SF, Chang YI, Hsiao SF, Lian WN, Lin CH, Huang CY, and Lin WJ. PICK1: An anchoring protein that specifically targets PKCalpha to mitochondria selectively upon serum stimulation in NIH 3T3 cells. J Biol Chem. 278(39):37705-37712 (2003).
37. Yen MY, Chen YJ, Lin CH, Wang AG, and Wei YH. Genetic analysis in Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy using the comparative genomic hybridization technique. Clin Experiment Ophthalmol. 31(5):435-438 (2003).
38. Jong YJ, Li LH, Tsou MH, Chen YJ, Cheng SH, Wang-Wuu S, Tsai SF, Chen CM, Huang AT, Hsu MT, and Lin CH. Chromosomal CGH abnormalities in early and late onset human breast cancers: correlations with disease progression and p53 mutations. Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics.
39. Chang YC, Hsu TL, Lin HH, Chio CC, Chiu AW, Chen NJ, Lin CH, and Hsieh SL. Modulation of macrophage differentiation and activation by decoy receptor 3. J Leukoc Biol. 2003 Dec 4 [Epub ahead of print].
40. Wu TJ, Huang HH, Lan CW, Lin CH, Hsu FY, and Wang YJ. Studies on the microspheres comprised of reconstituted collagen and hydroxyapatite. Biomaterials. 25(4):651-8 (2004).
41. Lin CY, Shen YH, Wu SH, Lin CH, Hwang SM, Tsai YC. (2004) Effect of bismuth subgallate on nitric oxide and prostaglandin E2 production by macrophages. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 315(4):830-5.
42. Rong-Yaun Shyu, Shun-Yuan Jiang, Yiin-Jeng Jong, Kuo-Chen Cheng, Chi-Hung Lin, Jyh-Cherng Yu, Ming-Fang Wu, Tzu-Ming Chang. (2004) Establishment and Characterization of a Human Gastric Carcinoma Cell Line TMC-1. Cells Tissues Organs. 2004;177(1):37-46.
43. Chung-Lan Kao, Shih-Hwa Chiou, Donald Ming-Tak Ho, Yann-Jang Chen, Ren-Shyan Liu, Chih-Wen Lo, Fu-Ting Tsai, Chi-Hung Lin, Hung-Hai Ku, Shang-Ming Yu, Tai-Tong Wong. (2005) Elevation of Plasma and Cerebral Spinal Fluid Osteopontin levels in Patients with Atypical Teratoid/Rhabdoid Tumor. Am J Clin Pathol. 2005 Feb;123(2):297-304.
44. Lin MW, Lee DD, Lin CH, Huang CY, Wong CK, Chang YT, Liu HN, Hsiao KJ, Tsai SF. (2005) Suggestive linkage of familial primary cutaneous amyloidosis to a locus on chromosome 1q23. Br J Dermatol. 2005 Jan;152(1):29-36.
45. Sun DS, Lo SJ, Lin CH, Yu MS, Huang CY, Chen YF, Chang HH. (2005) Calcium oscillation and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase positively- regulate integrin αIIbβ3-mediated outside-in signaling. J Biomed Sci. 12:321-333.
46. Yen CC, Chen YJ, Pan CC, Lu KH, Chen PC, Hsia JY, Chen JT, Wu YC, Hsu WH, Wang LS, Huang MH, Huang BS, Hu CP, Chen PM, Lin CH. (2005) Copy number changes of target genes in chromosome 3q25.3-qter of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: TP63 is amplified in early carcinogenesis but down-regulated as disease progressed. World J Gastroenterol. 2005 Mar 7;11(9):1267-72.
47. Jeng-Kai Jiang, Yann-Jang Chen, Chi-Hung Lin, I-Ting Yu, Jen-Kou Lin. (2005) Genetic Changes and Clonality Relationship between Primary Colorectal Cancers and Their Pulmonary Metastases – An Analysis by Comparative Genomic Hybridization. Genes, Chromosomes & Cancer 2005 May;43(1):25-36
48. Sun DS, Lo SJ, Tsai WJ, Lin CH, Yu MS, Chen YF, Chang HH. (2005) PI3-kinase is essential for ADP-stimulated integrin alpha(IIb)beta(3)-mediated platelet calcium oscillation, implications for P2Y receptor pathways in integrin alpha(IIb)beta(3)-initiated signaling cross-talks. J Biomed Sci. 2005 Oct 14;:1-12
49. Shi-Wei Chu, Shih-Peng Tai, Chia-Lin Ho, Chi-Hung Lin, and Chi-Kuang Sun. (2005) High-Resolution Simultaneous Three-Photon Fluorescence and Third-Harmonic-Generation Microscopy. Microscopy research and technique, 66:193-197.
50. Ren-In You, Mei-Chieh Chen, Hsei-Wei Wang, Yang-Chieh Chou, Chi-Hung Lin, and Shie-Liang Hsieh. (2006) Inhibition of Lymphotoxin-B Receptor–Mediated Cell Death by Survivin-#Ex3. Cancer Res. 2006 66:(6) 3051-3061.
51. Der-Shan Sun, Szecheng J. Lo, Wei-Jern Tsai, Chi-Hung Lin, Mei-Shiuan Yu, Yao-Fong Chen, and Hsin-Hou Chang. (2005) PI3-kinase is essential for ADP-stimulated integrin aIIbb3-mediated platelet calcium oscillation, implications for P2Y receptor pathways in integrin aIIbb3-initiated signaling cross-talks. Journal of Biomedical Science (2005) 12:937–948.
52. Wei-Nan Lian, Tzu-Wei Wu, Ro-Lan Dao, Yann-Jang Chen, and Chi-Hung Lin. (2006) Deglycosylation of Na,K-ATPase causes the basolateral protein to undergo apical targeting in polarized hepatic cells. Journal of Cell Science 2006 Jan 1;119(Pt 1):11-22.
53. Yang TP, Chang TY, Lin CH, Hsu MT, Wang HW. ArrayFusion: a web application for multi-dimensional analysis of CGH, SNP and microarray data. Bioinformatics. 2006 Aug 25.
54. Chia-Fen Hsieh, Bo-Jui Chang, Chyi-Huey Pai, Hsuan-Yi Chen, Jin-Wu Tsai, Yung-Hsiang Yi, Yi-Ting Chiang, Da-Wei Wang, Sien Chi, Long Hsu, and Chi-Hung Lin. (2006) Stepped Changes Of Monovalent Ligand-Binding Force During Ligand-Induced Clustering Of Integrin aIIBb3. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2006 Sep 1;281(35):25466-74
55. Wei-Nan Lian, Cheng-Hung Chang, Yin-Jhen Chen, Ro-Lan Dao, Yun-Cin Luo, Jun-Yi Chien, Shih-Lian Hsieh and Chi-Hung Lin. (2007) Intracellular delivery can be achieved by bombarding cells or tissues with accelerated molecules or bacteria without the need for carrier particles. Experimental Cell Research. 2007 Jan 1;313(1):53-64.
56. Shang-Ling Liu, Artashes Karmenyan, Ming-Tzo Wei, Chun-Chieh Huang, Chi-Hung Lin, and Arthur Chiou. (2007) Optical forced oscillation for the study of lectin-glycoprotein interaction at the cellular membrane of a Chinese hamster ovary cell. Optics Express, 15(5):2713-2723
57. Jia-Fwu Shyu, Chung Shih, Chiung-Ying Tseng, Chi-Hung Lin, Der-Tzong Sun, Hsiao-Tung Liu, Hui-Chu Tsung, Tien-Hua Chen, Ru-Band Lu. (2007) Calcitonin induces podosome disassembly and detachment of osteoclasts by modulating Pyk2 and Src activities. Bone. 2007 May;40(5):1329-1342.
58. Ruei-Yu He, Guan-Liang Chang, Hua-Lin Wu, Chi-Hung Lin, Kuo-Chih Chiu, Yuan-Deng Su, and Shean-Jen Chen. (2007) Enhanced live cell membrane imaging using surface plasmon-enhanced total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy. Optics Express. (in press)
Members of Laboratory